Niclas Riepshoff uses a wide range of material and media, from ceramics and computing-platforms to paper maché and drawings, to form his sculptural protagonists that sometimes emit light, sound or heat. By shifting gears with each project and mocking signature styles, Riepshoff’s practice playfully questions the notion of the “Self” as an authentic agent of artistic production. Interweaving site specific researches, personal stories and references to art historical movements, his works are centered around those topics that bio politics are most concerned with: reproduction, infanthood and age.
Besides his individual practice, he works together with Tanja Nis-Hansen under the collaborative performance project „CONNY“.
Contributions and press:
- Niclas Riepshoff, Stadium Berlin, Artviewer, 2020
- Hinoki, The Interjection Calender, Issue 4, Montez Press
- A Great Figure (W.C.W.), Pfeil Magazine, Issue 5, Montez Press
- Cafè Miao, Münchner Kammerspiele, 2018
- Niclas Riepshoff & Michaela Schweighofer mit Christopher Wierling SPOONS OVER KNIVES, 2018
- Skulpturen des 20. Juni, Parnass Kunstmagazin, 2018
- Krzywy Las: Fantasien des Verlustes, Johanne, Frankfurt am Main, 2017
- Niclas Riepshoff